Rack of Lamb
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Season lamb with salt and pepper
- In a bowl, stir
together bread crumbs, garlic, thyme, rosemary, butter, and a pinch of salt;
- In a sauté pan with oil over medium-high heat sear lamb, one rack
at a time. Try to achieve an equal sear all the way around the rack. Use an
oven mitt for safety.
- Allow the meat to cool a little and brush the racks with
mustard. Roll the racks in the breadcrumb mixture getting an equal amount
all the way around. Transfer racks to baking dish.
- Roast the lamb about 20-25
minutes to about medium rare. Internal temperature should be 120º F.
- Chef Stu recommends allowing the meat to rest before slicing.
A good rule of thumb is eight minutes per pound,
or 10 minutes for this recipe