PURE BLISS Apple Ginger Scones
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Using a cheese grater, grate the cold butter into the flour mixture. Stir.
- Add chopped Gala apples and candied ginger.
- In a small bowl mix together the egg, cream and lemon zest.
- Gently mix into apple mixture. Stir until dough forms.
- Knead dough 6 times. Place on parchment paper, form into an 8 inch round. About 1 inch thick.
- Cut into 8 wedges; separate slightly.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until just lightly golden. Cool slightly.
- Combine glaze ingredients, drizzle over scones.