- Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Generously salt the water. Drain pasta, rinse under cold water, let cool, and allow to completely dry.
- To grill corn: Peel back husks and remove the silk. Rub vegetable or olive oil on all sides of the corn and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on heated grill (400-450 degrees F) and rotate every 3-4 minutes or until charred and corn is easily pierced with a fork, about 12 minutes total.
- Chop the green onions, coarsely chop the cilantro, very finely chop the jalapeño, cook and crumble the bacon. Crumble the cheese. Drain and rinse optional black beans. Chop the avocado into small pieces.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine the completely dry and cooled pasta, cooled corn, avocado, onions, cilantro, jalapeños, bacon, and cheese. Drizzle on dressing and gently toss to coat. Enjoy salad right away!