- In a small saucepan heat half-and-half over high heat until just simmering. Remove from heat; add tea bags. Let stand until reaching room temperature. Squeeze tea bags into mixture; discard tea bags.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl sift together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, ginger and cloves.
- Using a large box grater, grate the cold butter into the dry flour mixture. Add chopped peach; mix lightly. Add the half-and-half mixture; stir until a soft dough forms.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead 5 times. Roll dough to 3/4-inch thick. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut dough into rounds. Place rounds on a lightly greased baking sheet and sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
View all nutritional information
Calories 201, Calories Fat 57, Total Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 17mg, Sodium 227mg, Carbohydrate 31g, Protein 3g
|Calories (fat) extra||28|
|Total Fat (extra)||10|
|Saturated Fat (extra)||20|
|Vitamin A (extra)||6|
|Vitamin C (extra)||1|