25 minutes plus cooling
- Cut bagels into cubes or chips 1 day before preparing stuffing; store at room temperature in zip-top plastic bag.
- Preheat oven to 400°. In large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer vegetables to large bowl; add bagels.
- To same skillet, add sausage, if using; cook as label directs. With slotted spoon, transfer sausage to bowl with bagel mixture.
- In medium saucepot, heat broth to a simmer over medium-high heat; add sage, cranberries, if using, and remaining 3 tablespoons butter. Simmer broth mixture 5 minutes; pour over bagel mixture and toss to combine.
- Spread bagel mixture in 13 x 9-inch baking dish; bake, uncovered, 30 to 40 minutes (depending on how crunchy you like your stuffing). Cool stuffing 10 minutes before serving.