Cheddar Cheese Mushrooms
- By Roz Mayberry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove and finely chop mushroom stems and set aside.
- Butter and gently brush the butter over the tops of the mushroom caps. Arrange mushrooms, cut side up, on a large baking sheet.
- In a large skillet, sauté chopped mushroom stems in remaining butter over a moderately high heat until the stems have softened.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, then divide among mushroom caps, making a small mound in each cap.*
- Before serving, bake mushrooms in the middle of the oven for approximately 20 min. Serve warm.
- *Once the caps have been stuffed, you can store them for up to 4 hours in the fridge before you bake and serve.