1 hour 30 minutes
- Pulverize the Cheerios™ in a food processor. Add 1 cup of Bisquick™ mix, salt and pepper. Thoroughly integrate ingredients. Chop the butter into medium-sized pieces and add to the food processor. Process until the consistency of thick sand.
- Transfer mix to a glass container, add the ice water and mix with your hands until compact dough has formed. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F. Grease a muffin pan for 12 cupcakes; you will be using 8.
- Remove the dough from the freezer. Use the 2 tablespoons of Bisquick™ to “flour” your work surface. Unroll dough and use a 4-inch circular cookie cutter to cut out dough circles. Carefully set dough circles in muffin molds, making sure there are no holes in the dough. If there are, use your fingers or extra dough to seal in order to contain all the filling.
- Create a 1/4 inch border, a “quiche cup” and remove any excess dough. Repeat with all 8 mini-quiches, and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is baking, cut the tomatoes in half. Wash the basil leaves and set aside.
- Beat the eggs and whipping cream with a fork until fully incorporated.
- Remove the dough from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350 °F.
- Fill each dough “cup” 1/2 full with shredded mozzarella cheese. Set a basil leaf in the center along with half a cherry tomato. Sprinkle additional cheese around the sides of the quiche and finish by topping with a layer of the egg and cream filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the filling is completely cooked. Remove from the oven, let cool 5 minutes and serve immediately.
- TIPS Try using ramekins o jelly molds in place of the muffin pan. TIPS Prepare the dough ahead of time and refrigerate until you’re ready to assemble the mini-quiches. TIPS Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.