1 hr 20min
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Trim fat from chops, then brown them on each side in ungreased skillet.
- Lay chops in shallow baking pan. Do not overlap.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and ginger.
- Core unpeeled apple, cut crosswise into 4 thick slices.
- Cut lemon (or orange) into 4 slices; remove seeds.
- Lay lemon slices atop apple slices and place on each chop. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Pour Coca-Cola around chops. Cover tightly.
- Bake in moderate oven, 350°F for 45 minutes.
- For the sauce: Blend corn starch with 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Stir into meat juices. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until meat is fork-tender. Spoon sauce over fruit chops to glaze.