- Wash bag of cranberries under cool water, then dump into a medium saucepan. If frozen, pop them in the refrigerator the night before you cook. Heat the berries over medium heat prior to adding additional ingredients.
- Add 1 cup of cranberry juice (or whatever juice you choose or have on hand. It's delicious with orange or lime juice as well).
- Pour in 1 cup maple syrup.
- Add orange juice (you could also do orange zest, lemon zest, lemon juice – anything citrusy).
- Stir together and mash lightly as you go. Turn heat to high until it reaches a boil.
- Once it comes to a rolling boil, turn the heat down to medium low and continue cooking over lower heat for about 10 minutes, or until the juice is thick. Turn off the heat.