David Mirassou, a sixth generation winemaker, lends a critical family perspective in his role at Mirassou Winery, which has recently enhanced it's wine's expressive character to balance fresh, bright flavors with full-fruit highlights.
"Since 1854, our family has dedicated itself to mastering the art of winemaking," says David Mirassou. "Mirassou is now combining experience with innovation to produce new wine styles that have a lot of fruit character, and a solid structure at the same time. The winery is currently producing wines that are less oaky, which are pleasing to the palate, but still reflect my family's original wine philosophy."
D&W Fresh Market is proud to carry the wines of Mirassou Vineyards:
- Mirassou California Sauvignon Blanc: a zingy wine that features tropical fruit and melon notes highlighted by subtle grassy characters.
- Mirassou Monterey County Chardonnay: balances crisp, fruit flavors of peach, apricot, and green apple with hints of tropical fruit and vanilla.
- Mirassou Monterey County Riesling: aromas of apricot and orange blossoms with intense fruit flavors of tangerine, peach and red apple.
- Mirassou California Pinot Noir: luscious fruit flavors of cherry and plum balanced with delicate floral notes and hints of vanilla.
- Mirassou California Merlot: dark plum, cherry and blackberry flavors with elegant toasty aromas and hints of spice.
- Mirassou California Cabernet Sauvignon: intense flavors of black cherry and dark chocolate with elegant hints of licorice and vanilla bean.
- Mirassou California Pinot Grigio: citrus and peach flavors with floral aromas, a great summer quaffer.