- Spray a 9” springform pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream cheese and ½ cup butter together until smooth. Add cake mix, 1 cup milk, eggs and 1 teaspoon almond extract. Blend until a smooth batter forms.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350ºF for 40-45 minutes, or until center of cake springs back when touched lightly. Remove and cool completely.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together ½ cup butter, powdered sugar, ½ teaspoon almond extract and 2 Tablespoons of milk until light and fluffy. Add more milk, if needed, until frosting is soft and fluffy.
- Frost cake. Decorate as desired.